There are few hairdos as classic and versatile as the French twist. It works with a wide variety of hair types and lengths, and looks great for work, for a date night, or even just with jeans and a t-shirt.
A French twist looks sophisticated and and effortless, while also keeping your hair neatly out of your face. It's a winner all around!
One of our favorite things about the french twist here at STYLEWAVE Hair Studio is that, with a little styling, it looks great on second-, third-, and even fourth-day hair. And, if you've read our previous blog post, you'll know how important we think infrequent washing is for the health of your locks!
To create a perfect french twist, follow these steps:
- Add a little volume. Tease the hair on the crown of your head (gently and carefully).
- Gather the sides and front of your hair at the back of your head, smooth down the teased portion, and pin it into place.
- Gather your hair all to one side of your head (pull it forward over your shoulder, in essence), and pin it into place over top of the bobby pins from step 2.
- Now gather your hair into a ponytail, twist it around your hand, and roll it toward your head.
- Once your hair is rolled up to your head, simply pin it into place. Try to insert the pins inside of the roll, so that they are invisible and the roll stays nice and round, instead of flat.
And, voila! There's your Everyday Up-Do, courtesy of STYLEWAVE Hair Studio! Of course, you may be looking for a fancier, more elaborate up-do for a special occasion or a formal event.
If so, please contact STYLEWAVE today to book an appointment!